Monday, September 28, 2009

Pregnancy Week 8

Two months done, 20% finished! I can't believe we've know about this little miracle for a month. Some days it seems like yesterday, some days it seems like forever ago. I am feeling much better this week and not needing to sleep as much which is a wonderful change. As I said before, I feel like my body is rearranging itself inside and out for this little one but nothing too severe. I still haven't gained any weight. However, I must admit I had to unbutton my pants a few times this week. Other than that, I have been very lucky!

This week in my belly: Our baby is the size of a grape! The baby is developing at an amazing rate! Eyelid folds and ears are forming. The baby's eyes are still very side apart on the sides of the head but will eventually center out. The tip of the nose is present. On ultrasound you can see that the aortic and pulmonary valves of the heart are present. Just a few weeks ago, the baby's arms were tiny buds and now the elbows are actually present. The arms and legs extend forward and have grown longer, fingers and toes are more defined as well.
Eric and I are getting more and more excited about telling people our news and we have broken down for a few special people along the way. Its such a relief that everything is going well and the chances of something going wrong are very slim that sometimes we just can't wait to share it. Life is very good and this week we will begin working on our house and hopefully moving in as soon as possible (after all the wallpaper removal and painting is done)! Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment