Monday, September 14, 2009

Pregnancy Week 6


Half way through the first trimester! Thank goodness this week went much faster than last. Eric and I have throw ourselves into preparing for our home which we close on tomorrow! Yay! 9:00am we sign on the dotted line all of our life saving away and we can't wait. Work and planning for our house has kept our minds busy and it has been a great week. I feel very very good compared to what I've heard other women go through. I haven't gained any weight yet but things on my body have sort of moved around. Some things are bigger, some things hurt, I'm basically just exhausted and hungry. No morning sickness at all. I lost my sweet tooth all together (except for sour gummis which are suddenly delicious and lots of fruit) but have made up for it with tart (lemonade) and spicy (Japanese and Mexican food)! Yum, our baby is very well fed and Mommy is very happy. Speaking of our little one...

This week in my belly: The nose, mouth, and ears that you'll spend so much time kissing in eight months are beginning to take shape. If you could see inside, you'd find an oversize head and dark spots where your baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. Baby's emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and his/her arms and legs by protruding buds. Baby's heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as yours — and blood is beginning to course through their body. Baby's intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to their lungs has appeared. Baby's pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of his/her brain, muscles, and bones. Right now, your baby is a quarter of an inch long, the size of a small pea.

I love reading these each week and know whats going on in there. I think the picture looks like a mix of a dolphin and gummi bear. On Wednesday morning we'll get to see! I have my first ultrasound and first pre-natal doctors visit. I can hardly believe it! I am a bit nervous because I really want to see the heartbeat. I have my hopes up. I did lots of research and found out that if you can see if between the 6th and 8th weeks the risk of miscarriage drops to 4-5%! Most people (including me) thought that the big dropped happened at the end of the first trimester but it will only go down to 2-3% from there. It would be a huge reassurance to see our little miracle's heart beating away. However, if we aren't able to see it this time we'll go back a week later and hopefully see it then since I'll be 7 1/2 weeks instead of 6 1/2.. If we see it this time we'll go back one more time a week and a half later and then "graduate" to a regular OB! Lots of good things going on and we are feeling very blessed. Lots of love,

Ash & Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment