Monday, September 21, 2009

Pregnancy Week 7

This is week has just been more of the same... sleepy, hungry (without weight gain- thank goodness) and strange growing pains. All are normal for pregnancy but not anything I've ever experienced before! I am feeling good and adjusting a bit more to being pregnant although I am still as excited as I was the week I found out! I still have to remind myself I'm pregnant and its fun to have this little blessing. 5 more weeks of secrecy! That count down is for my Mom... I think this is more difficult for her than it is for me!

As you can see (above) my little peanut is looking more like a baby! Its the most beautiful thing I've ever seen and I can't stop looking at this picture! This week from my belly:

Your baby has an amazing growth spurt. At the beginning of this week, your baby is approximately 4 to 5 mm and by the end of the week it has more than doubled to 11 to 13 mm! Your baby weights approximately 0.03 ounces. Baby is now about the size of a blueberry and about 10,000 times bigger than it was at conception! Most of that growth is concentrated in the head at new brain cells are generated at the rate of 100 per minute. The baby is moving around a lot moving his or her legs and flexing his or her spine (but I can't feel it yet)! Almost all of the organs are formed and functioning.

To show the growth happening this week, I found pictures of what the baby's hands and feet look like at the beginning of the week and then at the end. It's absolutely incredible!

Baby's Hands- Beginning of the Week & End of the Week

Baby's Feet- Beginning of the Week & End of the Week

I can't wait till my next ultrasound on Thursday morning so I can get more picture of my little miracle! I know they won't be as detailed as this but its amazing to know whats going on in there!

2 comments:

  1. You're so stinkin cute. I love reading this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! That's SO exciting and I can't wait to hear how your ultrasound goes tomorrow! :) ~Gina

    ReplyDelete