Monday, September 12, 2011

1 Month!

If it is possible, time goes even faster with a second baby! I can't believe she is a month old today, I feel like I just gave birth to her. I have to say the transition of one baby to two is definitely not as challenging as I thought it would be. I expected chaos and a lot of tears from all of us but that just wasn't the case. There was a bit of chaos since we had house guests for a total of three weeks but in between each we took time on our own and all has been well. Eric has been back at work 3/4 to full time since the second week so most of the time it has been us girls and another family member or just us. Now, I actually feel like "I've got this!"

Addi has adjusted to being a big sister very well. In the beginning there was some acting out, fussiness and other issues but she was also teething and feverish. I am inclined to think that it was a combination of all the changes because things have settled down and she has become her happy self again. From the time we brought Stella home, Addi has asked for her, kissed, hugged, and generally adored her little sister. It is beautiful and makes me tear up every day to bring a sleepy Stella to an excited Addi. *Sigh* Beautiful.


Stella is such a sweet baby, she has also made this transition easy. Only crying when she is hungry, she is a happy girl who eats and sleeps well! She has established a pretty solid schedule and keeps to it. She is only up once in the night so everyone around here is getting plenty of sleep. This makes life easy and both girls nap at the same time twice a day. Stella loves to move around and hold her head up to see everything. She is also the loudest baby I have ever seen. She vocalizes everything from stretching to just talking in her sleep. I had to turn the ac fan on last night just to drown her out! My mother in law says Eric was the same way. So cute and cuddly, we love having a newborn in the house again. Life feels complete.


Stella's Milestones:
  • Lifts head when lying on tummy
  • Responds to sound
  • Stares at faces
  • Follows objects briefly with eyes
  • Vocalizes: oohs and aahs
  • Smiles, laughs
  • Holds head at 45-degree angle

No comments:

Post a Comment