![]() |
| Addi is so excited to ride with her sister! |
Having two kids has severely limited my options for working out. No time for the gym! Since Addi was born, I have fallen in love with yoga and did it throughout my pregnancy with Stella. I also love walking and was averaging 2 miles a day throughout the week since Addi was born. Now, I have started a 8 week program to become a runner. Some people won't believe me when I say that this isn't about the baby weight but it really isn't. If it happens, great. But I have already been losing weight by eating healthy, walking and doing yoga. Its about more than that.
I remember going through IVF as well as the endometriosis before, both of which included lots of pain, hormones, shots, meds and I couldn't get pregnant. I very literally hated my body. Most girls hate the outside (I have a hang up or two just like everyone else) but I hated the inside. I hated that my body was weak and inept. It wouldn't and couldn't do what I wanted. It caused me physical and emotional pain and I felt so disconnected.
My pregnancies were empowering, connecting my mind and body like never before! I gave life to two beautiful girls! I grew them and gave birth twice, amazing for an "infertile" woman like me. I felt connected to my babies and my body. Not that both pregnancies weren't without their challenges. Now, I want to go a step further and see my body do something I never thought possible- again. Run. I started the Runner's World 8 week program and with the help of my girls and double jogging stroller (for those who are concerned- Stella was cleared by the pediatrician to go in the jogger because it can lay flat and has great head and neck support) I am finding my inner runner. I'll be updating as I go.
Oh and that reminds me. I had my 6 week check up with my OB! I saw the doc that delivered Stella (amazing, love him) and he was amazed how well I have healed from surgery. He said that he wasn't going to tell me then but he had never seen a larger hematoma in his career and he was very concerned that I wouldn't heal properly because of the severity- but I have! Just another thing my body has been through and overcome. Women, we are awesome and can do ANYTHING. Bring it on.

Hey Ashley! Have you heard of the book "Run Like a Mother?" It's by two women (mothers) who literally go over every little nitty-gritty detail of running and scheduling and motivation, etc. Clearly I'm not a mom, haha, but it was free on Kindle and I love running! I love, love, LOVED that book!! It's totally no-frills and based on that "we-gave-birth-so-we-can-do-anything" mindset, which is super awesome. You should check it out!
ReplyDelete