Tuesday, August 2, 2011

No Change.

On Saturday, after writing my weekly update I had another move/sign labor and baby are on their way so I decided to call the OB office Monday morning. I wanted to see if I should go in before my scheduled appointment on Thursday. I told them what was going on and they asked me to come in. Of course it was the same doctor who delivered Addi. I told him what had been going on and he did a quick ultrasound to make sure my water hadn't broken. Then he declared "no change" on my cervix. This is the same doc who always measures me small- when he checked me after the midwife said 1.5 he said 1. Last pregnancy, one doc said 4 and he said 3. Maybe I have a little hope that this is the case. The good news was that he said Stella was nice and low (which she wasn't on Friday).

I think I'll probably keep my Thursday appointment as I have been having more signs, discomfort and pain. It will get me back on track with my weekly OB schedule and get a check in before the weekend. It doesn't hurt that its with my favorite doc who I haven't seen in forever. Today is another day I feel sad/discouraged. I feel like I am begging Stella and God for my body and energy back. I am exhausted and can't seem to rest enough. The "close to tears" hormones don't help either. I am officially done. For now, I am just clinging to the hope that either labor will begin or I could go in on Thursday. More so that Thursday will be the day. I am so tired but keep walking and trying to stay active in hopes of helping things along. However, there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to when I progress. Pre-labor is definitely happening since I have been dilating and am fully effaced. Ah, such a mix of thoughts and emotions. Lord, give me patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment