The light at the end of the tunnel is near!!! Baby Day is T- 2 days, Thursday! Actually... if its at 8:00am its just about 40 hours! I am so very very ready to meet my baby girl. I was nervous going into my appointment today and as always, hoped that I would be sent in to the hospital. No such luck- 3cm and no changes. Thankfully, I was ready to talk to my doctor about the induction since I wasn't seeing the one who made it clear she wanted an induction this week. The doc I saw had no idea and hadn't seen it on my chart so explaining things proved challenging. He wasn't convinced they could get the permission they needed but he would try. I was so nervous! I kept thinking "Please let it be approved!".
Thankfully, he called me 2 hours later and let me know it was approved and someone would call me with the day- probably Thursday or Friday and I could come in in the morning instead of the night before (a big relief, not like I'll sleep anyway). I left my family know and 3 hours later I got the second call- Thursday morning I would get a call with the specific time I should come in to the hospital. Praise the Lord! Family will come the night before and stay with Addi, Eric doesn't have to teach on Tuesdays/Thursdays, everything is falling into place perfectly! I love this planned way of having a baby. I am relieved that I will have time for the antibiotics and since I had an induction with Addi I know how things go- pitocin, breaking my water, epi, etc. Perfection.
I can do this. I can get through the next (less than) two days. I can feel prepared, like I have everything taken care of for Addi, for Stella and my family as well as the beautiful fact that I will not be pregnant forever. Ahh, to be able to bend over again! Mobility! Being able to lift! All the weird pain- gone! Yes, I am nervous. Childbirth is well, it is childbirth. The most painful and beautiful thing a woman can ever do. Can I do it all as a Mom with two little ones? Our lives are about to change as much as an Addi Grace! It is going to be hard but it is going to be worth it. I love my girls so much and I am excited to see them grow up together. Not too fast though! Stella girl, here we go!
No comments:
Post a Comment