Thursday, August 11, 2011

Baby Time!

After a fabulous, drug induced sleep I spent the morning with my family and Eric went to work. We know that if we spent it together we might have gone crazy waiting for the call to come into the hospital. I was told to call and check in at noon to see if I would be in soon and if I should eat. I got a call from the hospital a few seconds after asking me to come in at 2:00pm! Woohoo! Eric and I headed out for a light lunch (my favorite sushi place) and got ready to go. I put Addi down for her nap and we were on our way. Maybe its the sedative from last night still in my system but I am one chill Mama. (I know, thats what they all say until the pain starts). Even this morning, my parents, Addi and I took a walk to get breakfast then brought Addi to see Eric and chatted with my parents while she napped. It was relaxing. Things were busy in the hospital so we had to wait about 2 hours to see my doc, Dr. Shakr. When we did see him we talked for about 2 minutes with him letting us know he was leaving soon and Dr. Champion (who delivered Addi) would be in, he was starting my antibiotics and pitocin and then he left. Good stuff.

All these things were set up by 4:30pm and I had my first major contraction (ouch) while on Skype with my parents and Addi! Now its a little after 5:00pm and my Mom will be here in about an hour to hang out. Since she had the change to be here and I may never do this again I thought it would be nice to have her here. Another supportive person to share in the special day, although she won't be in for "the big show". Eric and I wanted to share that personal moment alone. So here I am, Eric in the cafeteria, contractions coming slowly but surely and I am going to order some dinner and try and rest up. I read and played on the Ipad for a while so maybe I'll dim the lights and turn on some music. So surreal that I'll meet my daughter tonight! More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment