What a crazy journey these past 4 years of motherhood have been. 4 crazy, beautiful, wonderful years. I have very few regrets of things I would change. Now, we are 1 year out from Addi starting kindergarten. 1 year with both girls home at least part time.
My plan was to work only the days the girls were in school but a job opportunity came for me to work two other days and I felt I couldn't pass it up. I convinced myself that I could make it work. That I wanted it even. We sure could use the money as we pay for that preschool and the girls' first trip to Disney World. I would only be gone a few hours. The girls love their babysitters. All of this is true. Sort of. I just wasn't telling myself the whole truth.
I wanted to be home. I wanted to soak up those precious minutes, hours and days that are numbered. The money is not worth it. Disney can wait. I had let myself and my girls down.
This song has been going through changes with the hubby's job (spoiler alert: exciting news coming soon!) and we sang it in church on Sunday. As soon as I gave the girls lunch and put them down for nap that afternoon I sent an email telling my would-be boss that I wasn't going to sign my contract for this year.
I can say this is one of those times that I have not and refuse to second guess myself and my choices. I would regret not having this time and I will never get it back. I am thankful for the God's faithfulness and leading in my life and in my motherhood. I am thankful for a husband that supports each decision I make with steadfast love and devotion to our family. And finally, I am thankful for my daughters who show me the face of God every single day.

No comments:
Post a Comment