- Say his or her name and age +
- Speak 250 to 500 words +
- Answer simple questions
- Speak in sentences of five to six words, and speak in complete sentences by age 4
- Speak clearly
- Tell stories +
- Correctly name familiar colors +
- Understand the idea of same and different +
- Pretend and fantasize more creatively
- Follow three-part commands +
- Remember parts of a story +
- Understand time better (for example, morning, afternoon, night) +
- Count, and understand the concept of counting
- Sort objects by shape and color
- Complete age-appropriate puzzles
- Recognize and identify common objects and pictures +
- Walk up and down stairs, alternating feet -- one foot per step +
- Kick, throw, and catch a ball
- Climb well +
- Run more confidently and ride a tricycle
- Hop and stand on one foot for up to five seconds
- Walk forward and backwards easily
- Bend over without falling +
- Imitate parents and friends +
- Show affection for familiar family and friends +
- Understands the idea of "mine" and "his/hers" +
- Show a wide range of emotions, such as being sad, angry, happy, or bored +
You are definitely working on all of them but the plus signs are the ones you've mastered! You go, Addi! I am so proud of all you do and know. I feel like there is something new every day and I can't keep up. You had a wonderful weekend with Poppy this week and were just so sweet to him. I love the way you care for other people. You even took time to pray for his 'boo-boos". Seriously precious.
Addi girl, I still think you and I are still figuring each other out. This new stage you are in. Sometimes life is all sunshine and rainbow and the next minute the clouds roll in. I'm not good at figuring out if and when it is going to happen. It can be as simple as asking you to wait for something because my hands are full. Sometimes I lose my patience. We both yell sometimes. It is hard not to lose heart because I feel like I can't do anything right. I want to give you my best. I want the sunshine all the time but I'm not perfect. I hope you can forgive me for the times I am less than what you deserve. I hope you can forgive me for the times when I don't give you what you need and I hope that you know I love you so dearly and I am trying. Thank you for telling me you love me so much or thanking me for dinner. When the doubts creep in and I feel like the worst Mom in the world, those little things are big things to me. Thank you for loving me when I don't love myself. Mommy loves you so.


No comments:
Post a Comment