Tuesday, April 16, 2013

35 Months

Oh girls, why must you grow? My heart is heavy as I write to and about them today. Yesterday was the Boston Marathon and we are still searching to make sense of a senseless tragedy. We almost went. Addi was off from school and it was a beautiful day. Everyone who isn't from around here couldn't figure out what holiday Boston was celebrating but after almost 10 years of living here I know Patriot's Day. It was the exact spot I bring Addi on our Mommy- daughter dates and always contemplate going completely crazy and taking her into the candy store. You can see it on all of the news coverage. If I went, I probably would have been tempted to go there again.

My family started to text and call and I had no idea why they were asking me if we were okay. News traveled quickly. We checked on our neighbor who was running and his family of spectators. Then we checked on our students, many of them were going. Two were at the finish line and witnessed the explosions but weren't hurt. Thankfully, no one we know was but there were so many near misses. People we love who would have or should have been there but weren't. One of the victims was a BU grad student, I used to be one of those. The little boy lived the next town over. It is all too close.We are so thankful for God's protection. Now we are praying for a resolution, for justice and for peace.

I am glad to get that out. Now, on to my precious Addi who has no idea about what happened about her favorite city...

Addi girl, you are too funny. Today you told me "Mommy, we are not best friends anymore". When I asked why you said "Because you are not listening to me!" When I started listening, you quickly told me we were friends again. At dinner when you retold the story to Daddy you said "I always listen to you!" You are too funny and too cute. You are my leader and the most amazing big sister to Stella. You are sweet and kind to her, helping her with whatever she needs.

I think you get smarter every day. You pick up new things and love playing teacher. Sometimes you will take only a bite or two of dinner so you can get up and teach us all something new you learned. Pointer included. You have met and exceeded all of your milestones for your age so I didn't even bother to include them here. You just had some firsts in your life including your first stomach flu that lasted a full week starting on Easter. It was so awful but you were a trooper. So sweet- apologizing for no reason at all. I scooped you up and cuddled you which is saying a lot because your Mommy is very scared of vomit!

Thankfully, your other first was much more fun. You went to your girls friend birthday party and you can't stop talking about it! You got to wear your Cinderella dress and you had the time of your life. You were so nice to the other kids who were there. Your politeness and ability to be well-behaved in a new situation blew me away. When the birthday girl got overwhelmed, you immediately went to comfort her telling her it would be alright.

When you aren't tired or frustrated, it is extremely rare that you will cry or give us any trouble. You are a sweet kisser and hugger and are so friendly. You are quick with an "I love you" and a laugh. You love anything pink, girly, or sparkly. You are beautiful inside and out! Your love of life takes my breathe away. Mommy is so proud, I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment