Phew! That was a fast and fun holiday season! When I last posted, we had just wrapped up Thanksgiving. From then on, it was a non-stop joy ride of Christmas excitement. I have to say that this was the most fun Christmas yet. And not just because my husband surprised me with the most beautiful eternity band. I mean with the girls, they were so fun! They are finally getting it. Addi said to me "Merry Christmas, it is Jesus' birthday!" I threw my fist in the air in triumph because we had gotten beyond the "Elf on the Shelf" and "Jingle Bells" (worst song ever for parents. ever.) We spent lots of time with family, made our annual trip to the Boston Pops for the kids matinee, watched Christmas movies, baked cookies, had a fancy lunch out, caroled at the nursing home, had dinner with our church family, enjoyed the Christmas Eve service (where Addi almost went to sing with the kids- we're getting there) and of course, Christmas morning.
It was amazing. We loved teaching the girls all of the storys and legends as well as, of course, THE Christmas story. We also took them to give all of the toys we bought for our adopt-a-family (the local agency I used to work for gives us a Christmas list for a local family in need and I sure had fun shopping for a 12 year old boy) as well as one for the families in Sandy Hook. Addi signed the sign for their fire station. I have to say that my Mommy heart was needed to hold my girls just a little longer this year. I think that getting into the habit of giving back is an important one and a special focus for our family especially this time of year.
That was all before we had the hubby's family over for New Years. Poor Addi had a 104 degree fever Christmas morning but perked up just a bit to open up her princess shoes that she had asked Santa for. Stella loved, loved, loved her computer and baby doll stroller. Our big gifts to them was wooden toy chests made by my uncle that Addi has since learned she can hide in and loves. Addi also got new clothes and things for school which starts in just over 3 weeks.
Since Stella went first last time, I'll start with Addi!
As I said, she was too funny getting to learn all of the Christmas songs and can recite "Jingle Bells" all by herself! She loved everything about the holidays, especially having all of her special people around. Developmentally, she just keeps gaining words, colors, names, friends, etc. I feel like we went through a lull for a while and are off and running at another stage. Addi is still my super good napper and eater and loves to play. I just got the welcome packet for Addi's school and I already teared up. My boo is too big. She has a bookbag!
Recites own name- "I'm Addi Gwace!"
Draws a circle- Still not sure about this one, we usually color but I'm hoping to have help with this at school
Puts on a T-shirt- And undies and pants!
Balances on each foot for a second
Recognizes ABCs- "That's an A!"
Brushes teeth by herself- Oh yes and don't try to help her!
Uses two adjectives- Tons! Colors, pretty, cold, warm, shiny, etc.
Draws a cross- I think?
Addi is such a love and I can't say enough about her sweet personality always ready with a compliment, hug or kiss or all three! We work a lot on manners and I can see it paying off! Woohoo! Tantrums are fewer and far between as are sad moments. Life is good and I can't wait to see what this month has in store for my big girl!
On to my Bella, what a funny little girl she is becoming and SO in love with her big sis! These girls are two peas in a pod and want to be together constantly (my only fear and concern with Addi going to school). Stella asks for her Addi all the time and can't go to bed without a hug from her big sis. They would sleep in the same bed if I let them!
Stella is talking up a storm and is keeping up with her big sis with all of her playing! She comes out with new words all the time and repeats just about everything you say. Today's new words were "Bob Marley", haha. Stella loves all music and loves to sing anything Justin Bieber as well as "Single Ladies" and her absolute favorite is "This Little Light of Mine"! She is always putting her little finger in the air and saying "Mine!" SO cute. She plays hard, sleeps hard and eats hard. She is just a joy to be around. She is a happy and friendly girl who loves everything and everyone, such an easy and smart baby.
Points to objects described by use
Turns the pages of a book- This girl LOVES to read and is happy to sit anywhere with a stack of books
Has temper tantrums when frustrated- Haha, of course
Becomes attached to a soft toy or other object- Blankie!
Discovers the joy of climbing- Yes, if you mean climbing on top of the ottoman and jumping from there to the couch
Stacks three blocks- Loves her blocks!
Uses spoon or fork- She tried...
Learns the correct way to use common objects (e.g., the telephone)- She is always saying "hello" to anything that looks like a phone
Takes off one piece of clothing by himself- Haha, diaper!
At the end of the year and the start of a new one, it is always a time to reflect on the blessings of the past and hope for the future. This last year has been amazing so I am looking forward to what 2013 has in store. What else can I say? My family makes me feel like this every day...
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment