Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Memories.


Eric got me thinking about memories when we were talking about my blog and our own romance story. Having an exceptional memory can be a blessing and a curse. Now, I'm not that kind of person who can remember every day of their lives but just from talking to others in my life I think I just retain more information. Some people (my Mom) who want to be able to remember more sometimes ask "how can it be a curse?" Believe me, it can. I remember the first time I got a "C" on my report card. I remember in vivid detail the days Addi spent in the hospital and what it felt like. I remember every parenting mis-step, professional or personal failure I have experienced. (I don't want my family getting concerned, I DON'T remember every mistake you make. I actually remember very little about what other do wrong, I am only hard on myself.) I am a perfectionist and my memory reminds me that from time to time. Even though all these things are true and sometimes my ability to remember can be hurtful I can't regret any of it because I am able to remember the amazing things in life. I even want to remember more.

I can remember exactly what my Pop-pop's whiskers felt like and what it felt like to hold his hand. I remember his voice and his hugs. I remember the twinkle in his eyes. I remember my father-in-law's smell and even smell him when I least expect it. I remember his prayers at dinner and how he looked at my wedding. I remember the first time I held Addi on my chest. I remember the first hours of skin to skin time when we snuggled for hours in peaceful bliss. I remember the first time she said "Mommy". I remember the first time Stella cried (it took a few minutes). I remember seeing her beautiful face and whispering how much I loved her. I remember my first kiss with Eric like it just happened a few minutes ago. It made me feel alive. I don't just remember, I feel. I store up all these treasures in my heart and I think I would like to write about the romance of my life. To share, so everyone else can feel it too. Even for a moment. Every once in a while I am going to write bits and pieces of our love story on here so I can share it with Eric and my girls. Writing is a way I share my love and show my love to those in my life. I can't wait to start but it is going to have to wait for another day, nap time is only so long and I want to remember it!

No comments:

Post a Comment