Sunday, January 22, 2012

5 Months & 21 Months

I am late for the 5 months and early on the 21 months- it all evens out right? Time is just flying since the holidays. We still spend every second we can outside but just got our first snow this week. Thankfully, it looks like some good weather is coming this week. Since we haven't been out as much as we'd like, we've been playing inside but also going to lots of basketball games of our favorite babysitter, Alexis. Go Lions! It has been a rough week since we've entered into a new phase- toddler teething! I was totally not prepared for it to be this bad. I am so happy that another phase has also begun, morning nap time with Stella! All week my girls have taken a morning nap at the same time. At least, I have those few hours to relax before the craziness begins. This too shall pass and nothing will ever be better than being with my family.

Stella's 5 Month Milestones:

Rolling both ways (all over!)
Distinguishes between bold colors
Plays with his hands and feet
Recognizes own name
Turns toward new sounds
Mouths objects

Addi's 21 Month Milestones:

Can walk up stairs

Able to set simple goals
Throws a ball overhand
Kicks ball forward
Names simple picture in a book
Learns a ton of new words
Trying to tickle herself

Now, we are  gearing up for some fun. Stella and I are traveling home to be with my family for a few days next week and a few weeks after that we will have her dedication at church. Most of our family will be coming in and helping us celebrate. That reminds me, time to plan the menu! I hope I get more time to update soon. The girls are growing and doing so much lately I can hardly keep up. But truthfully, I'd rather be living it than writing it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment