Thursday, December 17, 2009

Pregnancy Week 19


This week was another week that just got away from me! As I write I am 19 1/2 weeks because I just couldn't find time to write between Eric's work Christmas Party, staying late with my work or trying to rest in between. Exciting and fun, Baby Clark still tires me out but we three Clarks are all very happy and healthy this Christmas.

However, I do have big news this week at the end of last week I was able to feel Baby Clark move for the first time! I was laying on the bed after getting out of the bathtub and notice he/she was all on the right side of my belly. Things like this make me excited so I told Eric to come see. He did and as I was feeling my belly I could tell Baby Clark had moved down to the bottom of my belly. Then I felt what seemed to me like a tickle from the inside of my belly just below my belly button. I was so excited! From that point on I've been able to feel him or her at different times throughout the day but mostly at night. Play time begins at 8:45pm! Eric has also been able to enjoy a few good kicks along with me and couldn't be happier.It is so reassuring that Baby Clark is in there moving around. Today at work Baby Clark kicked me (hard!) and so I gave him or her a little poke back and he or she kicked me back right away! We've been playing this game all day and I think it is my new favorite thing about being pregnant! Below is what that little foot looks like. This week...

Our baby's crown-to-rump length is 5.2 to 6 inches this week and weighs approximately 7 ounces- about the size of a mango! He or she will increase its weight more than 15 times between now and birth! Skin is developing and transparent, appearing red because blood vessels are visible through it. Creamy white protective coating, called vernix, begins to develop.The placenta weighs about 6 ounces and the amniotic fluid that surrounds the baby weighs 11 ounces and the uterus has grown to 11 ounces! One of the most amazing aspects of our baby's growth and development is that of the fetal brain. Our baby's brain is one of the first organs to appear. Our baby's oversized head shows the brain's importance in his development. Because the nerves that connect the muscles to the brain have grown into place, our baby's movements are consciously directed. The baby's ears stand out from the sides of the head and the buds for your baby's permanent teeth appear. Our baby's arms and legs have reached their relative proportions and his/her feet are approximately one inch long.

I don't think it is a secret anymore that its getting around the time Eric and I will find out if we are having a boy or a girl. We have a very special plan about who we tell and when we tell them so please be patient with us, we can't wait to find out either! At this point, I do have to say that we most definitely do not know what we are having. What a wonderful way to celebrate to have during the holidays, this experience has changed how I experience Christmas. As a family, we are very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment