Addi Grace,
Sweet girl- tonight at dinner you told me you didn't feel older yet. I didn't want to tell you that I already see you as older. I notice how you can reach all of the light switches in the house, how you are so neat when you eat and how you pronounce words correctly. Sometimes I wish you still said all of those cute little words. I notice how you have real and true friendship, other little people you love and miss when they aren't around. I notice how you care for your family, making sure we are all okay. You always seem to notice when something isn't quite right and want to fix it. I notice how you are learning shapes, letters and numbers at lightening speed and are quick to share your knowledge with friends. I notice how you teach us all what you've learned in school, prayers and new ideas. I notice how your hair is longer and how you love all things stylish including clothes and hairstyles. I notice how you polite you are to other people, giving compliments to us even when we don't deserve it. I notice how friends, young and old, are drawn to your fun loving personality and you don't leave anyone out. I notice how you get yourself dressed and only once in a while put your pants on backwards. I notice how you have grown in dance and are learning soccer. I notice how you have come to love new experiences that would have frightened you in the past. I notice how you are extremely silly and go out of your way to make people laugh. I notice these things because I love each and every one of them. You are getting older. When I think back to the first day we met, 4 years ago, I realize that I couldn't have known just how wonderful you would be. I am infinitely proud of the little girl you are becoming. There is no one else I would want you to be. I am proud to be your Mama. I love you more than the moon and stars,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment