It was the best one yet.
We are well on our way and into holiday parties, visits with Santa, programs at church and school, caroling, concerts, ballets and all other types of adventures. I know it is going to keep going at this pace. I love sharing the story of Christmas with the girls and watching them play "farm" and "barn" ie- the nativity. I think they are getting it and it is coming up in conversations like "I like Baby Jesus and Mary". Yay! That is what it is all about.
I am all done Christmas shopping and feel great about what we've chosen to give. I think we were very mindful and began a tradition of choosing gifts that are "Something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read". No one goes without or will be dissappointed on Christmas morning but we don't spend as much as others intentionally. Instead, we take them on outings like the orchestra and buy another family in our community's wish list. We give because Christ gave to us. Everyone likes gifts but it would break my heart into a million pieces if my girls grew up thinking that is what Christmas is about. Hopefully we are putting traditions into place that we can keep for always.
Our first family Christmas gift comes this weekend, we are adopting a new dog! She is a puppy from the rescue where we got our first, Baby Roo. She is another Boxer mix and we are all so excited for Gracie Lou to join our family! Someone left her in a cemetery as a baby and she is in a foster home now in Tennessee. She is shy by loves kids and other dogs. I think our family could be a new start for her and we have lots of love to give. She is beautiful and sweet and I can't wait for her to meet the girls. When we told them she was coming, they told everyone they could! Addi said that she had to give her food and water and Stella just kept yelling "2 doggies!" at everyone who would listen! Hopefully, she is ready for us!
Other happenings with the girlies include...
Addi is loving working on her letters and numbers at school. She calls "A" her letter and "3" her number. Too cute. She has also greatly improved in her drawing and coloring, staying in the lines and better fine motor skills.
She still loves all of her friends at school and church. She also loves dance class and doesn't fight us to go at all. She is one of those people who just love being around other people. She always has a kind word to say and beautiful manners. She is full of "I love yous", "You look beautiful" and so many other variations of the two. She has a sense of humor that makes us all laugh. She loves playing pretend and kidding around. I just love watching her personality develop.
Both girls love going to basketball games and you can hear Addi stomping and yelling "Go Lions"! Stella loves going too but is a bit more social running from babysitter to babysitter or talking someone into giving her popcorn.
Stella is still struggling with teeth issues and we are praying that they resolve themselves soon. One more molar to go! It is effecting her sleep and general well being. It is so sad to see her laying on the couch asking for a teething ring. Soon, I believe this will be over soon. Thankfully (very very thankfully) we have seen improvement (except tonight) with her sleep which has been a blessing.
When she is feeling okay, she is so much fun to be around! Stella is such a love bug and certainly not lacking in the humor department. She has picked up on saying "No worries" and "Sorry 'bout that" at the appropriate times which always cracks us up. So smart, that one is! She prays the "Happy Hearts" prayer in the sweetest way and I cannot get enough of it. I ask her to do it all the time!
Stella still asks me if she can go to school and I know the time is coming so I am soaking up every minute of our special time alone. I love cuddling up and reading in the mornings in front of the fire. It is my favorite.
The girls were enthralled with their new Doctor's gifts from their Great-Grandmother. Everyone got check-ups. Stella is now liking to dress up which is fun and of course, Addi loves! The other day, I found both dressed as princesses with Stella tucked into bed "eating" play ice cream. Too funny. This was the first time Stella played dress up on her own will. Stella constantly loves on her big sister and declares her her sister proudly. I hear her saying "Thank you so much!" to Addi and asking her to help her with things like taking off her shoes. Their relationship, although not always perfect, is beautiful in every way.
What can I say? I have been blessed with two beautiful daughters. I love them some times it hurts. When Addi prayed for our Thanksgiving meal and Stella joined in on the "Amen" and "Hallelujah" I thought my heart was going to explode. Ladies, I am so thankful for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment