Addi and I went to Pennsylvania to visit and attend one of my Dad's volleyball games. He coaches and wanted some of his girls to be there. Addi loved the plane and told everyone she was going to see her Nana and Poppy. So much so, my parents were approached by fellow travelers outside the gate because they knew who they must be. Too funny and cute! Addi adored being the center of attention and visiting everyone. Thankfully, she was wonderful because I got a horrible virus and got really sick while I was there.
We had noticed Addi had a small rash at school before we left. Eric called her pediatrician and they told us there wasn't anything they could do and just keep an eye out. I didn't put two and two together that Addi had a fever a few days earlier and Stella had one a few days before that. I seemed to get it the worse with fever, sore throat and rash! i had to cancel class for the first time but my parents and Eric took very good care of me.
Anyway, in my sickness, Addi got to be with my parents and attend the game. In my sickness, I still managed to scarf down a cheese steak and go to the outlets. Sorry other pedestrians, I didn't know how bad it was going to get. It was wonderful to be with family. Addi got to pick out a new dress for her very first picture day. Can I brag a little bit and say that the pictures are amazing because she is incredibly cute?! Well, I just did and it is true!
Addi is still loving school and is always surprising us with new things she learns or picks up on. She now "pinky promises" things and tries out all new types of personalities and emotions. She is becoming more self-conscious than before and I see all of those development theories coming true in her. Addi still loves to compliment and encourage and I always tell her she has an encourager's heart. Not really a word but that is okay. I love my girl's kind words and actions.
Stella had a wonderful time with Daddy while we were away and continues to be her sweet, happy self when she isn't teething. Haha, 2 molars down and 2 to go which are poking through as I write. Besides this and when she is feeling well, Stella has the ability to make me laugh like no other. Today, my day off, we were reading together on the couch when she looked out the window. She saw our friend's husband walk by and shouted "It is a boy!" I told her who he was and she said "Mommy, where is my husband? Where did he go?" I laughed hysterically and so she asked me what was wrong and I told her that her husband wasn't here yet.
She has also taken to calling squirrels "Little Fella" in the most adorable way and I just can't get enough of it! I finally got it on video today. I love how smart and spunky she is and I think she does too. She isn't afraid to ask for what she wants and can even laugh at herself. I'm not sure where my baby went but I am sure happy to have this sweet toddler in my life. We've had a pretty quiet fall and now we are turning towards the holidays. Cozy fire place, snuggles, even a few snow flakes. Thanksgiving is in two weeks and Christmas not long after are going to be special, memory making times for us and the girls. I can't wait.
Hi Ashley! I am the fellow mom in the Boston area whose baby also had GBS. I wasn't sure how to contact you since I don't have FB anymore- could you please email me @ afchavious@yahoo.com? I have some questions for you unrelated to GBS but related to another subject I saw on your blog:) Thank you! Alexa
ReplyDelete