Monday, October 14, 2013

3 Years, 5 months, 26 Months

Well, our family is back in the full swing of the school year! Addi is loving being back at school and Stella is loving her time with babysitters. I am out of the house about 10 hours a week so we have a few different students who watch the girls. We are blessed to have them around to love on the girls when we aren't there. I never feel like I have to worry about my girls care. Sometimes I do worry about how the my girls care for their sitters but that is another story.

Stella is still doing awesome using the potty, often waking up dry from naps and bed time. Any accidents are few and far between, and mostly from my lack of giving her opportunities and reminders to go. Probably averaging 1 a week or so. Awesome sauce.
  • Stacks six blocks
  • Walks with smooth heel-to-toe motion (and mostly on her toes)
  • Uses pronouns (e.g., I, me, you- "leave me alone")
  • Washes and dries own hands
  • Speaks clearly most of the time
  • Jumps with both feet
  • Opens doors
  • Understands descriptions (e.g., big, soft, "so sweet")
  • Starts to recognize ABCs
  •  Brushes teeth with help
  • Washes and dries own hands
  • Names one color
  • Names one friend (Jimmy!)
Poor Stella has been dealing with her 2 year old molars coming in an a very high fever over the weekend. Thankfully, we have 2 down and only 2 to go. When she isn't dealing with that, she is her sweet, funny and smart self. What a love bug!

Addi's sense of humor is cracking us up nowadays and I find her making me laugh with her words every day. She is trying out new characters and personalities all of the time. Too cute. Here is an update on the milestones she hadn't reached at 3...

  • Answer simple questions- some
  • Speak in sentences of five to six words- more often
  • Speak clearly- much improved
  • Pretend and fantasize more creatively- huge burst! Her imagination has taken off lately
  • Count, and understand the concept of counting - Eric has been working on this and she has been doing awesome
  • Sort objects by shape and color- yes
  • Complete age-appropriate puzzles- some, working on it
  • Kick, throw, and catch a ball- kicking and throwing is much improved, need to work on catching
  • Run more confidently and ride a tricycle- yes!
  • Hop and stand on one foot for up to five seconds- yes!
  • Walk forward and backwards easily- as easily as a 3 year old can
Amazing! She also keeps telling everyone about our trip coming up next weekend to see my family. Her first time on the plane, she can't wait. She also keeps telling everyone who is not going which is Daddy and Stella. Thankfully, Stella has already gone and we are just making it fair. I can't wait to have some time just the two of us... and my whole big family. 

I can't believe how much these girls are learning and growing every day. So many times I find myself in awe of the privilege of being their Mom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment