Friday, October 25, 2013

A cord of three strands is not easily broken...

I think my hubby bought our family friendship bracelets.

Yes, friendship bracelets like the ones I used to make in middle school. He's wearing his right now. He bought them for all his ladies at our school's homecoming this weekend. The oldest and I were away visiting family but he and the littlest spent lots of time celebrating together.

It is a few days after he got them and even a few days after he told me about it. While away, I contracted a nasty virus consisting of a high fever, aches, sore throat and rash. Disgusting, right? I barely made it on the plane with a brave face to get Addi home. You're welcome, fellow passengers on my Jet Blue flight.

From the airport, my hubby tucked me into bed and I am just emerging a few days later. I think I'll live. He made sure the girls were taken care of, cooked all meals, took me to the doctor and fed me my meds.

I pride myself in taking care of everything domestic. Of taking care of the daily grind, being the hands and feet while my hubby brings home most of the bacon. I hate, I repeat, hate, asking for help and things like this knock me on my behind. I feel bad for myself and like a burden on my family.

This verse reminded me that this is how it is supposed to be and why God gave us marriage...

Two are better than one, for if one falls the other is there. Two can keep warm when the nights are cold. Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not easily broken. Ecclesiastes 4: 9-12

I am blessed by my hubby's willingness to step in without me even asking and selflessly love on me and my girls. Back to the friendship bracelets... this verse reminded me of his sweet gesture which will be a reminder of this verse well into the future. Hubby, thank you for being you.

No comments:

Post a Comment