I can't believe my precious girl is 9 months old! This last month has flown by and everything has changed! Addi went from semi-mobile to one of the fastest crawlers out there. All the changes didn't stop there, she also pulls herself up in her crib (and everywhere she can), cruises around the furniture and even lets go at some points and tries to take steps. I can't keep up and can't believe she is growing up so fast. Especially because I spent the last month in bed with back to back stomach bug and upper respiratory infections.
Can I talk for a second about how it breaks my heart to not fully care for Addi on my own? Eric took a few days off, a few half days, a few early days, I finally broke down and begged my Dad to come and stay with us for a few days. Thank God he did, it was the first time I started to feel even remotely better. Eric and I even took a date night because I am pretty sure everyone thought I would lose it completely if I didn't get out of the house and my sweats. I think they were right. It is and was the perfect storm of crappy-ness. The end of the holidays, having to travel hundres of miles, the very middle of winter with weather too cold to leave the house (I really miss the beach!), 2 illnesses for me and one for Addi, no real break to rest and no family around...
There were a lot of tears and fears about whether or not I was a good Mom. I was grumpy, exhausted, quick to cry or take something personally. It wasn't and isn't pretty. I know all Moms questions themselves but this month has taken its toll on my confidence. It also doesn't help that since I have began to recover, Addi has bronchitis. A cranky baby doesn't do much to boost one's confidence. My poor princess! I am looking forward to getting back to normal, someday! Thankfully, I am hopeful it will be soon. Addi and I had a wonderful night together.
Addi has also been jabbering a lot (little lady has a lot to say!), banging her toys together, eating better with her fingers, waving hello and goodbye and being her beautiful self. What I love most is her waving. We wave to our dog every morning. We wave to the morning newscasters. We wave goodbye to Daddy. We wave to our neighbors. We wave to each other. It is so stinking adorable. I love her more than ever.
No pics today, with all the sickness, we are still in survival mode. Eat, sleep, meds, repeat.
Aw ashley I hope you all get better soon. You are a wonderful mommy and I know how easy it is to question what we're doing especially when babies aren't at their happiest. Just think about how happy she will be once she's feeling all better!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe that she's doing all those things you say she's doing!! It's scary to think that these are the last days/weeks of my little man not being mobile...he's rolling all over the place and trying very hard to crawl! Scary how quickly it goes by.
Anyways you are all in our thoughts and prayers, can't wait to see happy pics next time you post :)