Saturday, December 4, 2010

Baby #2

This we took the first step in having baby #2! I called Boston IVF and made an appointment to see our favorite doctor, Dr. Berger. It is kinda crazy that we have to do so many things over again... paperwork, referral from my primary, "chatting" about our plans. I really need insurance clearance to get my little snowflake babies? I actually asked that when my primary's office called about the referral. They said yes, it is common. It seems as odd and needing permission to pick my kids up at school. That's my DNA! Oh well, Harvard Pilgrim, I will jump through your hoops. I am sure it will be a little deja-vu when we get there early in the new year.

Thankfully, no injections this time around! Now, that doesn't mean no drugs but it does mean no shots or surgery which I am quite excited about. We will also have to have monitoring- blood and ultrasounds but I am pretty used to that. When  I had to go to get blood work during my pregnancy the nurses always apologized. For me, it was a vacation! I didn't have to do it every day. When we decide to do another cycle, we will use both of our frozen embryos if they both survive. The stats just aren't as good for frozen embryos and I have had friends who have had success and others who haven't. Not sure what we'll experience.

I think we will try sooner than late just in case it doesn't work and we need to do a fresh cycle which is definitely a possibility. I am a little nervous but more excited about the process. I feel that "getting things done" and "moving towards a goal" that I did before. I get nervous about change but I know we want more than one baby and we want them to be close in age. It isn't as simple or matter-of-fact as that. It is about love too! I love being Mommy to Addi and I can't wait to do it all over again. I want them to have each other forever, long after Eric and I pass on. It is hard work but there isn't anything more meaningful I would rather do with my life than dedicate it to my children. Eric and I are stepping out in faith, believing God put this new baby in our heart before there are even conceived. We love you baby to be!
Pictures: Courtesy of Erica Scott McGrath Photography

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! So excited and will be praying for you guys Ashley! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those pictures of Addi are AFORABLE!!! ~Gina

    ReplyDelete