Friday, October 8, 2010

Thankful.

Feeling thankful today...
It has been 5 years since I got the phone call that my Dad was diagnosed with cancer. That made 3 out of 3 Dads with cancer for Eric and I and we were devestated. Thankfully, treatment was available for my Dad. He received radiation soon after and has been cancer free ever since with little side effects. We were blessed. I miss Eric's Dad (Big Tim) a lot. Sometimes for me but mostly for Addi. I got to know and love him like a father and have very special memories. He was a wonderful man and he taught me so much. It hurts my heart that he and Addi haven't met on earth, even though I am convinced that they knew one another in heaven. It hurts that Eric can't hear that he is a good father from his father. I can't imagine what it would have been like to have lost my Dad too. I am thankful Addi has a grandfather in her life that loves her and knew Big Tim. No one can take Big Tim's place but I know my Dad has been putting in the effort and time trying to make the effort to be twice the the grandfather for Addi. He can't be Big Tim but he can be more and better of himself. I am thankful for that, that he is well enough to do so. A little bitter sweet to have one father here and one not but I choose to be thankful.

Big Tim & Addi's Boots
He is jealous for me, Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy. When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us oh
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all
He is jealous for me, Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us oh,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

And we are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If His grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.
And heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way…

That He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,

Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves us,
Oh how He loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment