Thursday, October 28, 2010

6 Months Old!

My beautiful baby loves the beach!
Happy 1/2 Birthday, Addi Grace! Laying in bed this morning with Addi for a nap I thought, where did the time go? Last week I saw a friend of mine with her two week old little girl and I don't even remember what it was like to have such a little baby. Addi is definitely not a newborn, she is the typical baby! She makes me laugh everyday and nothing beats her smile. I would be lying if I said I don't miss the new baby stage because I do. However, what I do love more than the baby stage is the relationship we are forming. I loving feeling like a Mommy!
Sitting like a big girl!
As a newborn, she couldn't smile back at me or squeal in excitement when I came to get her in the morning. I don't miss the lack of sleep even though I was always spoiled with Eric's help. She is doing everything I waited for her to do- giggle and "talk". I see her becoming more of a little person every day and I am thankful. I miss being pregnant a lot but I don't miss the bedrest. Ever. Even on the most tiring days I never wish to go back. The bond between Mommy and Daughter is amazing. We went through a lot together! I see the bonds of love and trust between the three of us and I know it is going to get even better.
Fall color + Beach = Love
Lately, our days consist of playing- toys, Johny Jump-Up, play mat, belly time, reading, listening to music, going for walks and of course eating and napping, Addi is still sleeping through the night 8:00pm - 7:00am but we have been working on her soothing herself when she realizes her binky falls out. We used to run in there every time but realized that if we waited even 30 second she was conked back out! This makes things a whole lot easier! You learn as you go I guess!
Yelling at seagulls- brought them all around us!
Addi has yet again met and exceeded her 6 month milestones including turns toward sounds and voices, imitating sounds, rolls over in both directions. As I wrote before she also started solid foods (just rice cereal for now) and loves it! We are working on sitting without support, which she can do for a few seconds on her own but gets pretty wobbly. She has also been mouthing objects, jabbering or combining syllables, draging objects toward himself and passing things from hand to hand- ahead of the game! I am going to wait to post this until her 6 month check-up on Thursday so I can include all of her stats. I am sure she is another 2 inches and 2 pounds bigger than at 4 months!

Shades.
Update:  I was (almost) right! Addi is now 28 inches long (+ 1 3/4) and 16 pounds 14 ounces (+2 1/2 pounds)! Eric brought her to her appointment this morning and she is so healthy! Still in the 95th percentile for her height and 75th for her weight. Her growth is slowing a little as usual for a 6 month old. It is time for genetics to take over and I am interested to see how she grows from here on out. Maybe taller than me? We'll see! Time for a beach day (in  October- it is amazing)! Also, 10.26.10 ended up being a beautiful 75 degree beach day- Addi's first! That is where I took these pictures!

So happy to be her Mommy!


No comments:

Post a Comment