My Mommy heart hurts today (I believe I have two hearts- one just for Addi because I love her that much)! Last night while Eric was at work I put Addi to sleep in her nursery for the first time. By the time he got home I was crying and eating my feelings (pretzels and peanut butter rights out of the jar). I had set up her bed, turned on not one but two night lights (one with "Mommy heart/womb sounds) and checked on her a million times! She was fine but I was not! Eric was pretty sad too and a little teary so we both went in her room and stared at her for a while. We made sure we had the monitor set up right and headed to bed. We knew it was the right thing to do but it was still so difficult!
For a while now we noticed that we were disturbing Addi when we would be up and around the room at night and she would be restless. Lately she has been getting up a few hours earlier for a diaper change and going back to bed. Today, she woke up 2 hours later than she normally would (7:00am instead of 5:00am) and went right back to sleep after she ate until 8:00am, something that also wasn't happening too often in our room. I was still sad when I saw her empty pack and play! Baby Roo slept in the nursery too which did make me feel better as well.
Don't get me wrong, for some babies and families it is better to bunk up together for much longer. There is no hard and fast rule for these sorts of things. For us, we just knew Addi wasn't getting the sleep she needed and this might work. I know it did since she slept better and longer but I still miss her. Doing the right thing is hard. I brought her in for our "cuddle nap" after she had breakfast and it made me feel much better! Now she is on nap #2 of the day and I am thinking about how I need to put the pack and play away. Maybe I will ask Eric to do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment