Again I think... is my baby really 3 months old?! I watch her grow and learn new things every day but then I look back at last month and it really hits me. This weekend I am putting away Addi's 0-3 month clothes, I was holding out until the actual day she turned 3 months even though everything was getting too short! It has been tough to snap her onesies but I just couldn't part when them. A friend bought us new ones and I thought they were 0-3 and was happy that they were long and were big on her. I realized a few weeks later that they were 3-6 months and not 0-3 months. I guess I just wasn't ready for her to grow so fast. Everyone warned me about this phenomena but I guess I just didn't believe it. I am sure I will still be saying this at her wedding.
This Mommy thing, it is the best. I feel like its exactly what I was made to do. I don't think I have ever been so fulfilled. In complete honesty, I was sort of worried before I had Addi. Could I handle it? But its not the tedious, mundane work I thought it could be. I want to take care of Addi everyday and nothing brings me more happiness. I love changing diapers, going for walks and just watching her play and am getting paid in smiles and sleep! I love my boss and I love going to work every day!
On a personal note, I am still working on losing my baby weight. 9-10 pounds to be exact. After giving birth I had 9 pounds to lose that quickly grew to 15. I didn't understand this gain, things were fitting better and I was carefully watching everything I ate. Then I remembered my bed rest. It is reasonable to believe that I lost 50% of my muscle mass and as soon as I started walking with Addi and working out I quickly started to gain it back, hence the weight. It is back down again, 5 pounds off this month. I think this is quite an accomplishment. My routine is: 20-30 minutes of a work out video in the morning and one or two walks a day to the beach. This is not just any walk, I strap Addi to me and it is like carrying a 11-12 pound weight. I am starting to like my body again. Everyone else says I look back to normal, all of my tops, skirts and dresses fit (not all pants unfortuantely- all button but its not pretty), I have never had more muscle or less jiggle on my body and I think if I stayed this way forever that would be okay too. Not that I am going to stop trying or give up my healthy new habits. I am just not going to hate my body. It grew and gave me my beautiful daughter and even if it changes it is still beautiful for that. Enough about me...
This month Addi has become more of a happy little girl than she was before. She smiles and laughs all the time, Eric and I think we are quite funny. Addi has also started the wonderful practice of sleeping through the night. It is bliss. She eats at 9:30pm and sleeps till 6:30am or the equivalent (ie- 9pm-6am, 10pm-8am). She wakes up happy as a clam and ready for the day. Developmentally she is still quite ahead. All babies should be able to recognize their parents face and scent, hold their head steady and track things visually- all of which she can do. She also squeals, gurgles, coos, blows bubbles, recognizes our voices and does mini push-ups at belly time which only 1/2 of baby her age can do. She is working on rolling (half way there from back to belly) and can bring her hands together and bat at toys which only a few babies her age can do. She can grasp toys (ie. pull her binky out) and coos when you talk to her which aren't even on the chart until next month! What a blessing to have a healthy and thriving baby. Addi had her first photoshoot this month and celebrated her first 4th of July (see pics)!
The longer she is here the more I see God's love in our family. I don't think I could understand God's love for me fully until I had a child. I can't believe God feels the same (and more!) love for me that I feel for Addi. It is a fierce, all consuming love that brings so much joy. I love watching Eric's fatherly love for Addi. What a Godly love it is. My favorite thing to do is hold Addi while I sing, to worship with Addi in my arms. A small way to say thank you for her. First Thessalonians 5:16-18 "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you". I am thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment