
It's been a little while, more waiting to start this cycle to start. Finally, it did and I started my new meds yesterday. Before we could start we had a whole checklist of things to do like talking with our financial consultant, learning about doing injections, Eric had to go to another appointment (which he was as very good sport about) and orientation. I started out with pills this week while we wait for our final clearance from our insurance company. If all goes well, the next month and a half will look like this:
- This week- Pills (Birth Control)
- Next week- Pills (BC) & Injections (Lupron)
- Week 3- Just injections (Lupron), start new injection on Saturday (Gonal-F)
- Week 4- Both injections and monitoring (ultrasounds/bloodwork), when ready- HCG Injection
- Week 5- Egg retrieval (36 hours after last injection), fertilization and embryo transer
- Week 6- More waiting, more meds (Progesterone)
- Week 7- Pregnancy test :)
It sounds busy and it is but we are SO excited that we finally got this show on the road. Things can be a little longer or a little shorter depending on how the meds go, getting the insurance clearance and my body. It's pretty amazing how scientific it is and how doctors can make your body do just about anything when it can't do it on its own. Eric's grandfather is also on Lupron (it is used for prostate issues) so maybe we can bond over this and he can give Eric tips on how to give me my injections! I have all the love, faith and confidence in the world in my husband BUT his stabbing me with needles once or twice a day is a little unnerving. I get woozy when I get shots or have blood taken! I think we are going to have to watch those instruction videos again.
We are sad we won't be able to travel for a little while but everyone is welcome to visit us anytime. We miss everyone a lot and love having company! Baby Roo loves visitors too (she get's a lot of attention)! We're sorry you all will not have the chance to star in a "Eric & Ashley +______" because no one cares abour quads which would be our maximum! Hopefully you will still come visit us anyway :)
Prayer Requests: Eric's summer program started this week, I am having some difficulties at work and life is busy! That our insurance will come through by the end of the week so I can start my new medication.
Praises: Life is still good :) We were able to start our cycle and we have the best friends and family in the world to pray and encourage us!
Thanks again, we love you all!
YEAH!! I'm so excited for you guys!! I want to come see you soo badly! If I can do anything for you, please let me know... In the mean time, you have my prayers! Love you!!!
ReplyDeleteBrooke Cornelson