One week done, 5 1/2 more to go! Last night was the first night of our injections and I have to say that it went very very well! To give you a little history with me and needles, I can never ever look while I am having blood take, giving blood or getting a shot. I get woozy and I have been pretty close to passing out more than a few times. We got the package on Thursday and had to look through it to make sure everything was there and I was already feeling like I was going to lose it.
For this reason, Eric had to prepare the everything in our room while I clung to Baby Roo on the couch in the living room. Being the good husband that he is, he brought it out behind his back and had me look away and concentrate on Baby Roo. Then I decided I wanted to see what I was getting into. I must admit that it was one of the smallest needles/syringes I have ever seen and I felt good about that. But then I started to wimper. Even my dog thought I was nuts but Eric said "We are doing this to make a baby, it's really happening!" Which gave me a little more courage. I made him promise to do it fast and he practiced without the needle a few times which went better than earlier in the week when he punched me in the leg as a demonstration. Finally, I looked away and told him to do it and it was so fast I didn't realize it was over and I hardly felt it.
Not my proudest moment but it was over. No pain and I didn't even have a bruise when I woke up this morning. I'm still nervous about doing them in the future but I think it will get easier. So for the rest of this week (#2) we just have more meds and this one injection every night at 10:45pm. It finally feels like we are doing sometime to make a baby and it is such a good feeling, Eric was right when he smiled and said "No turning back now!" Every week we have something different whether its a new medicine, stopping another, monitoring or the actual retrieval/transfer. If my timing is right we might just have the transfer on Eric's birthday, a pretty cool present if I do say so myself. If not that day, it will be close! So exciting!
Thank you all again for your prayers and support. We ask you for continued prayers for our baby making (that it happens, no side effects from the meds and that time doesn't go so slow), buying our first home (hopefully closing in early fall) and our jobs (busy busy busy). We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment