So... I'm doing something I said I would never do. I am blogging. Is that even a verb?
Well anyway, as you all know Eric and I have been trying to make a baby for some time now. We tried to keep this to ourselves but eventually needed a little support when it just wasn't working. That's why we told all of you, we need the support and prayers :) Since we ended up telling more people than we originally planned, I decided to blog so I can keep you all updated without having to call/text/e-mail/facebook everyone at different times. Eventually, I'd like to let other people see this once we reach our goal and make a baby!
To get you up to speed with our baby making history:
I was diagnosed with endometriosis 4 years ago so we knew it would be more difficult for us to get pregnant than it usually is with other couples. From my research, it's estimated that Eric and I have a 3% chance of getting pregnant on our own. Since we tried all natural and it didn't work, we decided to go to Boston IVF and wonderful Dr. Berger. As of yesterday we just finished up all of our testing- a few blood tests, ultrasound and an HSG. When we were trying on our own we also noticed some potential problems so I am being evaluated for another disease, PCOS. I won't get specific because I know this will be seen by some guys :) Anyway, we are just waiting to meet with our doctor on Thursday and get this show on the road. It looks like we'll do IUI (think Jon and Kate +8) or IVF (think OctoMom, with way less embryos)!
I'm feeling excited but pretty nervous. I want to get started with treatments but I know that they will make my endo symptoms (more pain) worse which scares me. Fertility treatments suck as it is (same with the tests) and no one wants to have to do them. I want the doctor to tell me what I want to hear and give me the treatments that will work, preferably next cycle! It does feel good to finally get some answers and know what treatments I will need. Everyone here knows me and knows I need a plan! I am a planner by nature so this is definitely a step in the right direction. As my Mom says, "You are giving God all of the options" to make us parents :)
Thanks for the love, guys. We love you very much! Infertility can be a lonely road and Eric and I couldn't do it without you!
Well anyway, as you all know Eric and I have been trying to make a baby for some time now. We tried to keep this to ourselves but eventually needed a little support when it just wasn't working. That's why we told all of you, we need the support and prayers :) Since we ended up telling more people than we originally planned, I decided to blog so I can keep you all updated without having to call/text/e-mail/facebook everyone at different times. Eventually, I'd like to let other people see this once we reach our goal and make a baby!
To get you up to speed with our baby making history:
I was diagnosed with endometriosis 4 years ago so we knew it would be more difficult for us to get pregnant than it usually is with other couples. From my research, it's estimated that Eric and I have a 3% chance of getting pregnant on our own. Since we tried all natural and it didn't work, we decided to go to Boston IVF and wonderful Dr. Berger. As of yesterday we just finished up all of our testing- a few blood tests, ultrasound and an HSG. When we were trying on our own we also noticed some potential problems so I am being evaluated for another disease, PCOS. I won't get specific because I know this will be seen by some guys :) Anyway, we are just waiting to meet with our doctor on Thursday and get this show on the road. It looks like we'll do IUI (think Jon and Kate +8) or IVF (think OctoMom, with way less embryos)!
I'm feeling excited but pretty nervous. I want to get started with treatments but I know that they will make my endo symptoms (more pain) worse which scares me. Fertility treatments suck as it is (same with the tests) and no one wants to have to do them. I want the doctor to tell me what I want to hear and give me the treatments that will work, preferably next cycle! It does feel good to finally get some answers and know what treatments I will need. Everyone here knows me and knows I need a plan! I am a planner by nature so this is definitely a step in the right direction. As my Mom says, "You are giving God all of the options" to make us parents :)
Thanks for the love, guys. We love you very much! Infertility can be a lonely road and Eric and I couldn't do it without you!
No comments:
Post a Comment