Thursday, September 18, 2014

Autumn Adventures

My last update was over 2 months ago. For once, I am totally okay with my tardiness. Our family was too busy soaking up the sun and times together to be inside or hooked up to any electronics. It was an amazing summer, our best yet. Summer also brought some changes to our household including a new job for my hubby. With a heavy heart, he left his job as a college administrator to become Assistant Headmaster at a local, private, all-girls school.  As the father of two daughters, he is passionate about quality education for girls and this is a perfect fit.

We all adjusted to his new relaxed schedule and increase in beach days just fine. A few weeks before the end of summer, I was surprised with an (almost) full time teaching position offer. The school worked with me and I was able to schedule classes for Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays while the girls are at preschool. This is on top of the 1/2 time I was contracted for at another school so our lives just got quite a bit more interesting a busy. Besides missing the sun and sand, we are adjusting just fine.

As we change up our work, the girls went back to school and are loving it. Addi is in a new class and loves her teacher. Stella has Addi's former teacher and is loving it as well. We got wonderful notes from each teaching during the first week and couldn't be more proud of our little ladies.

Addi loves to play pretend (all kinds of princesses, of course), "read" and tell stories. She is sweet and caring, concerned about the ones she loves. Tantrums are pretty much a thing of the past even if some days have tears. She is a leader and the typical first born. She wants to make you happy and please you. Addi started soccer this month and loves it. I was concerned about whether or not she could love a competitive sport that doesn't have a skirt but she has done wonderfully. I am proud of her ability to jump right in to something new.

Stella started something new as well, dance! And boy if she isn't the cutest ballerina I've ever seen! The girls joined a new dance studio doing ballet and tap together. Stella is the youngest in the class but is doing well listening and trying to follow along. She wishes she could do soccer, too but we have to wait until she is a little older. Stella loves her school, teacher, learning letters and counting. She is always asking us to read and loves to snuggle up with someone and a good book. Just like Mommy. She is still my cuddle bug who doesn't need to be prompted to tell you she loves you or ask for kisses. So much love in such a little person.

Man do I love these little people. I am now juggling work and being a Mom like I never have before. I've found that when I worked a class or two when the girls were really little it was a relief and break for the demands at home. Now, it has switched. My home, Tuesdays and Thursdays with the girls is my break. I can have the longest day at work but when we sit down for dinner together every night, any concerns of the day fade away. I am thankful for the balance. Work while the girls are at school, home when they are home. I couldn't ask for anything more. Time to get back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment