Last night was Halloween and Eric and I brought our girls out trick-or-treating. I was a bit worried because Addi seemed to not be feeling well but after a meltdown and a costume change we made it out of the house and hit the neighborhood! Addi didn't quite get it yet and just wanted to visit all her friends and pet their pets. Good to know candy isn't as important to friends! Stella fell asleep in her stroller and didn't make a peep. After we got home, Addi struggled to go to bed and wasn't feeling well. After some tylenol, all she wanted to do was rock in the rocking chair and sing. Sitting on me and then next to me, Addi and I sat in the dark together with her binkie and blankie. I sang her all kinds of songs but the last one means a lot to me. "Great is Thy Faithfulness" was sung at my father in law's funeral and is a wonderful story of faith. I sang the first verse and then just sat quietly holding my little girl. Then something amazing happened, she started to sing. Not her normal "ABC's" or "Single Ladies" she was trying to sing "Great is Thy Faithfulness". My tears fell as I listened to my precious girl. When she was done, she was ready for bed. I kissed her and told her how much I loved her. I thank God for these beautiful moments.
Update: Addi is now almost 35 inches and 25 pounds!
Stella is now 13 pound 6 ounces and almost 24 inches!

No comments:
Post a Comment