This fall has been full of good things- firsts, friends and fun!
Both girls went back to school with Addi going to elementary school for the first time. I think she was a little nervous at first but she has loved every minute. Our sweet girl makes friends easily, loves her teacher and is an eager learner. She has had wonderful behavior at school and we are amazed at how much she has learned in such a short time.
She recognizes some words but sight and had read a word other than her name for the first time! Proud Mama moment! She has homework every night which is more of an adjustment for me than it is for her. All of this seems to come easy for her. She has started to see how some people are different than her and since about 1/2 of her class is Asian, she realized that she doesn't speak Chinese when many of her friends do. This doesn't stop her from trying to learn their languages and spend time with friends. Aren't kids the best? Adults would totally be awkward but kids take it all in stride.
Stella returned to her preschool and has taken it by storm. She loves school and would go every day if we let her. She is well like and is friends with everyone- even the kids who aren't in her class. She also loves her teacher and looks forward to learning new things. She is practicing writing letters and learning her sounds. She is her happiest with her peers who seem to fall in love with her and the feeling is mutual! She is outgoing and fun, always looking for something new and exciting to do. She will need to go to school full time when her little siblings get here and I think this will be a wonderful thing for her, although I will miss her at home with me.
Both girls have had the sweetest reactions to my pregnancy and the news of twins. I don't think they know just how much this will change their life but they are excited. I just love when the rub and kiss my belly. I feel like *we* are having these babies, not just me. I can't wait to see them with little ones!
Stella started soccer for the first time this fall and took to it immediately! She scored her first goal early in the season and as long as one of her favorite little boyfriends from school isn't in sight, she is focused on the game! She is a fun to watch offensive player. Addi moved up a division and is doing well. She is a strong offensive player and a great teammate! She gives pep talks to her team and at times, is just a little sassy with her opponents.
Both girls moved up in dance and are preparing for their holiday show. I still get amazed at everything they are able to learn and do with their tiny little bodies. I love to see them growing in strength and confidence, doing things that were once not possible. The girls have also joined the weeknight kids group at our church. They are enjoying getting to know their church friends better and learning from our awesome children's pastor.
It really has been a wonderful fall. I can't say I've gotten to enjoy it fully with the first trimester of pregnancy kicking my butt and needing to rest more. Thankfully, the second trimester has been much kinder and I am all clear to enjoy everything this holiday season has to offer. What a blessing! I want to soak up every minute of our last Christmas as a family of four. Thanksgiving is tomorrow and the official kick off. I can't wait to see all of the joy that awaits us!
No comments:
Post a Comment