I think I give up noting that I am last posting an update.
The month of Septemer has centered around my returning to work (2 classes part time, woohoo) and settling into the school year. Addi will tell you, Mommy works on Fridays and our nanny comes to her home. So cute. Both girls are doing so well with it adjusting well. Thankfully, Addi has become much less fearful of other holding and playing with Stella which has definitely helped.
Quick fam update: I am teaching 1 class at the school I taught at when Addi was first born and I was also hired at another local college (I went through the hiring process and all of that!) to teach Child Psych. I am love, love, LOVING it! I am out of the house for 4 hours a week and can do my prep whenever I have time. I am happy and feeling like my life has the balance I've been looking for. Unfortunately, Eric is feeling a bit unbalanced with teaching 9 classes at 3 different schools. Yup, 9 on top of his full-time job. I do have to say we have our moments but are really happy with our family lives and professional lives right now.
Ok, back to Addi. She is 2 going on 12. Or 20. Addi yelled to me the other morning while I was getting ready upstairs, "Mommy, get down here right now!" I wonder where she heard that one? She continues to put things together and it blows my mind. She doesn't always get it right though, like when she calls me her daughter. Haha, oh my sweet girl . And she loves being girl a girl and being girly, putting on lip gloss and asking to do her eyes when I get ready in the morning. I try to remind her that she is too pretty and doesn't need makeup but since she sees me doing it I don't think I can keep her from it completely. I think there will be much more of this to come and I'll have more to say about it.
For now, I am enjoying this new girlyness and "wanting to be like Mommy"! She is constantly walking around in my shoes and playing dress up. What can I say, it is cute! Addi and I went on our first Mommy/Daughter date in Boston to pick up some shoes and a gift for a friend. We shared donuts on the train, shopped and visited a friend. We loved the special one on one time and all of the silly, special, girlyness. *Sigh*
This is what I dreamed about when I knew I was having a girl. A daughter. There is nothing like it. Addi Grace, I am even more head over heels in love with you than I was on that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment